What to Do After a Car Accident and How Chiropractic Can Help
It’s that time of year again in Winnipeg; driving to and from work in the dark and with snowy and slippery conditions, car accidents are bound to happen. Car accidents are traumatic events that can cause physical and emotional injuries. If you have been involved in a car accident, now might be a good time to remind you what to do next and how to recover from your injuries. Here are some steps you should take after a car accident and how chiropractic care can help you heal.
- Check yourself and others for injuries. The first thing you should do after a car accident is to check yourself and anyone else involved for injuries. If anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately and wait for help. Do not move anyone who is unconscious or has neck or back pain unless they are in immediate danger.
- Exchange information with the other driver. If you are able to, exchange information with the other driver, such as name, phone number, insurance company, policy number, and license plate number. You should also take pictures of the scene, the damage to both vehicles and any injuries you or the other driver have.
- Seek health care attention. Even if you do not feel any pain or discomfort right away, you should seek attention as soon as possible after a car accident. Some injuries, such as whiplash, concussion, or internal bleeding, may not show symptoms until hours or days later. A healthcare professional can diagnose your injuries and provide you with the appropriate treatment.
- Contact MPIC. You should report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. They will ask you for details about the accident and your injuries. MPIC covers chiropractic care for injuries sustained in car accidents.
- Consult a chiropractor. Chiropractic care is a natural and effective way to treat many common injuries caused by car accidents, such as whiplash, neck pain, back pain, headaches, muscle spasms, and more. A chiropractor can perform a thorough exam and diagnose the cause of your injuries. We can do all the paperwork for MPIC and give advice on work and activity tolerance. Spinal adjustments and other techniques are important to restore the motion of your spine, reduce inflammation, improve blood circulation, and promote healing. Chiropractic care can also help you prevent chronic pain and complications from your injuries in the future.
If you have been in a car accident, do not hesitate to contact us at Sun Chiropractic. We are a team of experienced and compassionate chiropractors who can help you recover from your injuries and restore your health and wellness. We offer flexible scheduling and personalized care for each patient. Call us today to schedule an appointment, or visit our website to learn more about our services.